Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Workin on my fitness...

So I want to get in shape. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything like that, I just want to be in better shape. So there is a blog I frequent called The Sweetest Occasion {you can go visit it here} and the author is this darling girl who is planning her wedding. Just to clarify, I am not planning a wedding. But she is and she is doing this push up challenge and I think it sounds like such a great idea so I did some research and I found a sit up challenge as well so I'm starting both next Monday. And I would love it if all of you would do it with me! Here's the info:

One Hundred Push Up 6 week challenge


So I feel like I should point out here that I can only do one push up. One real push up. So I have a long way to go!

So before Monday I need everyone to go here and read all about how to do the correct kind of push ups and do the initial test. Then, next Monday and I'll be starting with week one and we can all track our progress together! Sounds fun right!?!

Ok now the second part,

Two Hundred Sit-Ups 6 week challenge

Again, before next Monday go here, and learn all about the proper curls and do the initial test.

I'm really excited about this and I think it would be so great for a bunch of us to do this together! So let me know if you want to do it and then we can encourage each other! Yeah!

ps. I cut my bangs and dyed my hair. I love it.

4 comments:

Schoenstars said...

i'm TOTALLY in!! on my rest days from running, i'll make those my push up and sit up days. let's do it!!! starting Monday!!! it's on!!!

oh, and we should take body measurements so we can better track our progress. let's do it!!

Stefanie said...

Cali, great idea! So everyone measure too and we'll put them up on Monday!

mandy said...

Count me in. Although not on putting my measurements online anywhere ... I'm definitely not ready to do that! I'm also going to start a 'couch to 5K' program on Monday. I think my baby weight excuse has run out!!

Stefanie said...

That's so exciting Mand! I'm glad you're doing this with us! And measurements are definitely optional! :)