Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Accomplishments

So I'm kind of at an odd place in my life... the kind of place where I really need to feel good about something. Like I've accomplished something! So... Jory taught me a new trick. In your google reader you can pull up your trends and it will tell you how many blog posts you have read in the last 30 days. Now I feel like I should point out here that I set up my google reader at the beginning of February. So it hasn't even been 2 months yet. But I made it a personal goal to read more blog posts than Jory... which is a lot. Jory knows everything. So that's a lot of information to keep up with! So I texted him today so see how many he's read in the last 30 days... and his response: 5704.

FIVE THOUSAND AND FOUR!

So I scrapped the goal. But I still feel like I've accomplished a lot!


So question... how many blogs do you subscribe to?

2 comments:

mandy said...

I think your friend Jory may have a problem. It's funny that you posted this today, because just last night I went through and got rid of half my reader subscriptions. I realized I was spending too much time reading other people's blogs and less time being productive.

Jory Dayne said...

If I were reading celebrity gossip rags, I would agree with Mandy... but the majority of mine are work related. It just so happens that my work is to make things look cool, so spending a healthy portion of each day looking at things that look cool is part & parcel. :)

Also, my count also reflects the mass cutting I did last month! I got rid of like, 20 blogs! LOL.

Besides, its all about time management. 10 minutes of work, 2 minutes of reading blogs/email/twitter, etc, and then back to work again, 10+2×5 all hour ever hour, all day every day.