Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Daddy's Girl

Happy birthday to the BEST DAD a girl could ask for!

I'm really lucky to have the dad I do! We have such a great relationship and I feel like I could really go to him about anything! Some of my favorite memories of my dad:

*Recreating The New Yorker in Calgary and keeping him awake while we were driving back by asking him what everything in the car did.
*Singing in the Vanigan (some highlights: cats in the cradle, crocodile rock, blue eyes, anything by genesis, yes, phil collins or elton john)
*Dad giving Marci relationship advice (You really hurt him)
*Volvos (They're built for safety!)
*Having him home every Friday growing up! This meant really good breakfasts, bring your dad to school days, and a chaperon to any school field trip! This was especially fun when the teacher thought he was a scientist!
*Basketball in the backyard
*Double bouncing on the trampoline
*Sledding in the coulee
*Rebuilding my supra
*Car auctions, car auctions and more car auctions
*Ice skating with dad and Kayla (he is REALLY fast)
*Thoughts of rollerblading
*Our new shared love of photography
*Lip syncing to U2 on my new portable CD player Christmas morning
* Watching dad watch funny movies (Jungle 2 Jungle)
*Singing
*And always laughing!

These are just a few! I love you dad and I hope you have a great birthday!

2 comments:

mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Rob!!

Paula said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane!!! Some of my favorites too!!