Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dear Utah Drivers

Dear Utah Drivers-

Please take a few seconds to look around when I honk at you before flipping me off. I only honked because the light we were both waiting at had been green for a number of seconds and I wanted to politely let you know that you could continue driving. It wasn't a long annoying honk, just a polite tap on the horn to get your attention. Your instant reaction should not be to flip me off. I think you may have aggression programs. Also, if I’m in the middle lane going a few miles over the speed limit and the fast lane is empty, please don’t feel the need to drive as close to my bumper as possible before moving into the open lane. It’s not helping anyone. One last thing… a wave goes a long way. If you’re in front of me in another lane and turn on your signal to move into my lane, I will try and slow down to let you in and it would be nice if you waved to say thank you. If you don’t signal and I don’t slow down and then have to slam on my breaks because you were going to hit me, you could still wave. It would make me feel much better. Thank you for your consideration!

Your fellow motorist,
Stefanie

4 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Amen!

beckie said...

Seriously! Enough said.

Paula said...

Well said!

Kayla said...

you're so right. this is hilarious. You are a funny one stef.